Monday, December 12, 2005

Really Bright Lights (and their idiot users)

Now, is it just me, or are there a whole lot of stupid riders out there with really bright lights? The new generation of HID (high intensity discharge) lights are just ridiculous. They were developed for 24 hour off-road racing, not the freakin' bike trail! Now there are batallions of dumb asses out there blinding the rest of us. And they get pissed when you tell them to dim it. Freakin' morons! I don't like having them (the lights) in the shop. It's like selling bad manners. They cost too much. They probably get them mail order, anyway.

Now, on to more pleasant things. I've become obsessed with the idea of owning an Independent Fabrications Ti Club Racer. We're a dealer so I would get a pretty sweet deal. It would still be spendy but, I could sell a lot of stuff to pay for it. I could get down to 2 or 3 bikes, even. My wife's tone is "I'll believe it when I see it."

This requires much soul searching and strategizing. The IF bikes are all customs so I'd get the bike of my dreams and probably the one I'll be riding for the rest of my life. Not that I plan on dying any time soon. I'll post events as they unfold.

Oh yeah, Bush is an idiot.

No comments: