Sunday, November 12, 2006

A Light Mount










This is the light mount a friend and I have been working on. As you can see, it takes the place of the nut on your skewer. I've been using it for the last 3 weeks or so, and can say it works very well. It's made of 6061 aluminum and weighs 25 grams. I've stuck a Velox handlebar plug into the end which adds another 13 grams. I've been getting a lot of inquiries about the Nitto Light Mount I showed here a while back. That mount is no longer being produced. My mount is a response to that. If you're interested please let me know. I know there is a market for this thing. I'm currently looking for a machine shop to do a small batch of them. Then I'll know how much they cost. Right now I have no idea.




3 comments:

jim g said...

awesome awesome awesome!

Tarik Saleh said...

Yep, Nice job on that. I am interested. I am running this technique right now:
http://www.tariksaleh.com/bike/lumo/lumo.html
But I probably would love running that system as well...

Spencer said...

I had the Nitto system until I stripped it out on the 600 km (sleep deprived fog). If you are going to make a few of them, I would be glad to buy one from you.
Regards,
Spencer