Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Monkey is Abroad













Isn't this a great image? It's the project of some people at this website:

http://www.spectropolis.info/projects.php

They have rigged a computer control to spray paint cans. Any message can be programmed in and sprayed as you roll. Amazing! I haven't seen this here in Seattle. Yet.

So, President Smirking Monkey is in Pakistan right now. Awfully brave of him, I have to admit. I wonder where Osama is. Wouldn't that be something if Osama was in Peshawar too? They could get together and talk about oil. Or maybe they could just duke it out. Dubya would kick his ass, I'm sure. All that clean livin', ya know. Plus, God is on his side. Osama looks wiry, though. I imagine living on the run toughens a guy up. And living in caves would piss anyone off.

Now, on to more pleasant things.

The weather around here has cleared up nicely. Yesterday the mountains looked like they were laser etched against the sky. Just beautiful. On yesterday's ride I must have seen 10 friends of mine all out on rides of their own. I think stopping and talking got me home an hour later than I'd figured on. No matter, it's always good running into friends. What's funny is that I almost always ride by myself. Solitary Man, that's what I am.

We've gotten to that part of the year where it's hard to dress properly for a ride. I usually end up overdressing. Layer, always layer. Today I'll go a little lighter weight. Hopefully I won't cook myself.

The Ti bike project is stalled currently. We are re-financing the house and don't want to embark on anything spendy until we see how it all plays out.

Here is my new tagline:
Lots of happy thoughts here
Ride bikes, drink beer.

See you out there.

1 comment:

Hjalti said...

I like the tagline. I doesn't mesh with the first part of this post though.