Saturday, May 13, 2006

Funny Looking Rider

Just so you don't think I'm picking on the fixie riding youth of our area, I offer this little bit of hilarity. Yesterday on the Myrtle Edwards Trail, I passed a guy, about my age, wearing full PHONAK Pro kit while riding a hybrid loaded with panniers. I laughed out loud at this sight. I'm not a vision of sartorial splendor on my bike by any stretch of the imagination but, I know better than to wear full pro kit in any circumstances other than being on that team. This guy had shorts, jersey, vest, socks and a cap. It doesn't help that the green and yellow of PHONAK is about the ugliest kit out there. Oh yeah, he was wearing Nike court shoes too. I wish I'd had my camera with me. I'm going to look for him next Friday. Maybe I'll get him to pose.

3 comments:

Hjalti said...

Don't be a hater, he wasn't trying to run you off the road in an SUV.

Anonymous said...

I hope he was having a nice ride.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps his kids bought him the team togs as an Xmas/Birthday/Father's day present or something. If my kids did that for me, I would be proud to wear them.