Friday, May 19, 2006

The Joke Explained
















So, a guy named Craig at an undisclosed location was the only one to give it a try. You had it half right Craig. He correctly identified Dave Stoller as the bike smitten kid in the 1979 movie "Breaking Away". A true classic. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. This movie is set in Bloomington, Indiana. Our hero Dave wins a Masi racing bike and decides he too will be a racer. He adopts an Italian persona that drives his friends and family crazy. Mostly his Dad. So Dave is an imaginary Italian. The box I wrote on came from Performance Bicycle Shop. Scattante is their imaginary Italian house brand frame. It's actually made in Taiwan. Thus, an imaginary Italian is endorsing an imaginary Italian frame. Maybe I'm too clever but I crack myself up all of the time anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your cracking me up too. I love that movie!

"ah Mama, ah Pappa... mah ah heart it'sah broken"

FreeKindred