Saturday, April 22, 2006

Nitto Light Mount







This is the Nitto Light Mount. It replaces the nut on the non-lever side of your quick release. I can't believe no one thought of this before now. Leave it to Nitto to solve a problem so simply. I had my light set up in about 5 minutes. It's far cleaner than any other mount I've seen aside from rack mounting. This mount puts the light a lot closer to the road than any rack mount I'm aware of. The Nitto is super clean looking and I couldn't be happier. The Minoura mount it replaced is for sale. It worked great. I just didn't like the looks. Search for Minoura Besso at www.nashbar.com Come by the shop with 5 bucks cash and you can have it.


The light on the left side of the bike is the Reelight. Made by a Danish company.
www.reelight.com The light is provided by LED's that are powered by magnets attached to the spokes. They are very effective markers that are always there. I met the woman that runs the company, Marianne Sodlund. She just showed up at the shop one day last week.Turns out her son goes to UW. He knew the shop and gave us the thumbs up after I'd contacted his mother. Small world. Come by the shop if you're interested. We have two sets for sale.




3 comments:

Len said...

Excellent Brian. I just noticed one on eBay today, right after I put my famous hoseclamp/PVC pipe connector bracket on another bike. If I still lived in Seattle I'd stop in TiCycles and buy two.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting solution. This would work great for a budget brevet rider like me.

Do you know if these are currently available Nitto products?

(I couldn't Google my way to any for sale except the eBay offering len mentioned above.)

Anonymous said...

Do you know if these Nitto light mounts are currently available anywhere? Looks very handy indeed, but I've not been able to find any from any of the online places...appreciate any help!

:)